Friday, September 25, 2009

Hard working Police Officers Raid Beetham Gardens

This morning the traffic was moving slower than usual approaching the Beetham on the highway. As I got closer I realized the cause of the traffic. Apparently police and other law enforcement agencies were conducting a raid on the Beetham. But oh gosh boy. Trinis fas!! Because people slowing down to watch the scene. Because there were a lot of police vehicles both marked and unmarked more than fifteen including one of those twenty-five seater busses. Being the true Trini that I am I was also slowing down to watch, of course only because the cars in front of me were slowing down.

This is what I like to see police in large numbers working to fight crime. I also saw quite a few of the police officers that I like the big gunta ones that look like they breast feed on dasheen. I don’t like nashy police at all, the hungry looking ones. I find they should put the hungry looking ones to protect the President, Prime Minister, Attorney General and the like.

We must admit however that police work is hard work that many of us are not willing to do ourselves or even allow our children to do. How many of us are willing to go into the Beetham to look for criminals. I don’t even like driving past the Beetham. I commend the hard working officers who this morning left their families early or maybe were not even with their families for the Republic day holiday to show up knocking on doors before the crack of dawn. Hopefully some significant arrests were made. The sad thing though is that after the officers work hard in this raid some Magistrate would give these bastards bail to go back on the street. But at least the gremlins would be off the street for the weekend. I will definitely be on the lookout for stories of this raid in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin