Thursday, May 13, 2010

Too Much Election Drama

These days I just feel saturated. I feel like there is too much of everything going on. There is too much bacchanal. Politicians are fighting and obviously they are forgetting that they are supposed to be role models for the youth of our country. This is the worst set of name calling in an election that I can remember. I really don’t know what is going on with these people. The funny thing is that at the end of all this nonsense all of these politicians will be laughing having a time in their little rum shop to which the rest of us cannot afford to gain entry. This election is becoming a big joke and I would really like to know at what stage the running of a nation became a laughing matter. While I strongly support one party, I will admit that is both sides indulge in the stupidness. Issues are being pushed aside to discuss things such as Marlene Mc Donald’s weight and Nicole Dyer winning Mastana Bahar. I am well aware that picong is part of our Trini culture, I think things are getting a bit out of hand. I wish elections were this coming Monday so we could get this Election over and done with. I anxiously await election results so that the country can continue with its regular day to day activities with the winning party at the helm leading the way.
How do you feel about the way the Election Campaign is going? Do you think the Politicians are taking the insults too far?

6 comments:

  1. Quote Quote No NameMay 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM

    Elections in Trinidad has degenerated into PR Campaigns and Mudslinging. There is no real dealing with issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quote that is exactly my point where are the issues? Therefore if I write anything about the General Election I would also by default be getting involved with the mudslinging and I have no time for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it all very amusing ... and frightening at the same time ... cuz as you rightly said .... when did de business of running de nation become kicks!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wuzdescene, they on kicks while plenty people suffering. But I cannot complain thank God things not so bad with me. However there is no way to know how long things would be good if they continue the way they going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steups, you call those people Politicians? Half of them know NOTHING about politics, just look at their backgrounds.
    Especially Mr. Warner, who's always talking about race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trinbago I don't call them politicians, that is what they call themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin