Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day

Today is mothers' day, and I would like to take the opportunity to wish all mothers a Happy, Joyous and Blessed day today. In particular I want to give thanks to my mother for being the best Mummy in the world. I want to thank her for spoiling me rotten while somehow ensuring that I did not turn out to be a brat. I guess she could have done that because everything that she gave me was either a reward for an achievement or for general good behaviour. It was always clear in my mind that I was never entitled to any of the privileges she afforded me. I want to thank my mother for not allowing me to go to Water Colours when I fourteen (yeah obviously I was delusional to think I could have gone in the first place) but allowing me to part hard from sixteen (after CXC exams) onwards. Let me tell you that the parties were just as sweet I did not miss a damn thing. To think I was actually vex with her for not letting me go.

I want to thank my mother for getting me a job during the August holidays while I was awaiting CXC results because more than ten years later many of the things I learned on that job are still with me today. To think I was vex when she got me the job because I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend at the time who by the way is not around and I barely remember. I also want to thank my mother for supporting me through all of my academic attempts failed or otherwise. Lord knows that I have tried to study almost everything under the sun and continuously she has always stuck by me with words of encouragement.

In retrospect I think that my mother honestly did the best that she could have done for me at any given time. As a child I may not have recognized what she was doing and therefore may not have always been appreciative of her efforts. However as an adult I can safely say that I am where and who I am today because of the strong role my mother played. For this I thank my mother and although I may not always show it I am truly grateful for my Mummy in my life. So Mummy today is your day, have a great one and I love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin