Monday, April 12, 2010

Carnival Tabanca

In the midst of all this election drama I found myself with a Carnival tabanca. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and like the happy, childless, single person that I am, I decided to take a nap. I dreamt that it was costume collection time and for some strange reason I could not collect my costume for myself so I asked my Mother to collect it for me. When I received the costume from my mom the bra was too small. Not at all a problem because I am playing in Tribe so changing it should be a breeze. Somehow though I forgot to have the bra exchanged so Carnival Saturday comes and I rush to Cascadia to see a line going down the hill. This is where you know it is a dream because everyone is calmly standing in the line and I was allowed to cut in midway. While standing in line it occurs to me that my friend registered me for backline and I had no boots. I began a mad plot of how I was going to obtain boots carnival Saturday evening and make a back pack all before carnival Tuesday. Then the phone rang and woke me up. It was such a strange dream but thank the good Lord that it was just a dream. At least this means that regardless of the election results there is hope because no matter what we will have Carnival 2011 to look forward to, to unite all of us one wine at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin