Monday, January 11, 2010

Outta De Blue XI - QRC Fete

This year was my first time attending QRC’s fete. The set up was nice. I was a bit annoyed when I realized David Rudder was performing when I arrived. But I took the opportunity to eat. I did not even notice a band change as Roy Cape swiftly followed. I was starting to like Roy Cape last year, however I want to believe that it was really Trini Jacobs l liked, because I really not feeling the band this year. Rita Jones needs to realize that if the world famous Beyoncé could perform in stockings, it would not be a bad idea if she did the same thing. Dil E Nadan was great, what I like most about the band is that everybody has their little piece to sing. Contrary to what I thought they are not a Chutney band , they performed a nice mix of songs. There was one tiny band member with some interesting waist movements, very nice. Ladies you should check that out. They were followed by Kes the Band featuring Nadia Batson. Apparently Nadia lost some weight, she is looking very good. Left up to me, with a voice like Nadia’s she could look however she wants. Kes was wearing tights, I swear, but he could really move that tiny waist of his. I feel I want Kes to wine on me, I just have a feeling I would like it.

The food was the usual stuff, curry crab and dumpling (a favourite of mine), bake and shark, BBQ Chicken, main meal curry and fish broth. I am not too sure about the fish broth but it smelled really good when I passed. In addition to the regular bar there was a cocktail bar. I was the designated driver so I did not really explore the options at the bar. There was a sober zone though. I don’t really believe in that getting sober before you drive home. I really think the best option is to designate a driver.

Generally the vibes in the fete was a bit lacking. Although the DJ John Wayne tried his best to hype up the party it was just dead. Additionally I found that the fete was scanty and I wondered where were all the QRC old boys who are so proud to be a Royalian. I hope that the school was able to make a profit. This is not really a fete that I would go to next year. So I don’t know where I would be going on this fete night. I feel next year I will go to Blazing Fire Fete.

What did you think about QRC 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin